What is Concerta
Concerta (methylphenidate) is a Central Nervous System (CNS) Stimulant that is used to treat symptoms of attention deficit disorder (ADD), attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and narcolepsy.
How to take Concerta
- Take Concerta extended-release tablets exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow all directions on your prescription label and read all medication guides or instruction sheets. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose.
- To prevent sleep problems, take this medicine in the morning. Concerta extended-release tablets can be taken with or without food. Follow the directions on your medicine label.
- Do not crush, chew, or break a Concerta extended-release tablet. Swallow the tablet whole. Breaking the tablet may cause too much of the drug to be released at one time.
- Tell your doctor if you have a planned surgery.
- Your doctor will need to check your progress on a regular basis. Tell any doctor who treats you that you are using this medicine. Buy Adderall online cheap
- Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Concerta Dosage information
Patients New to Concerta
|Patient Age||Recommended Starting Dose||Dose Range|
|Children 6–12 years of age||18 mg/day||18 mg – 54 mg/day|
|Adolescents 13–17 years of age||18 mg/day||18 mg – 72 mg/day
not to exceed 2 mg/kg/day
|Adults 18–65 years of age||18 or 36 mg/day||18 mg – 72 mg/day|
Patients Currently Using Concerta
|Previous Methylphenidate Daily Dose||Recommended CONCERTA® Starting Dose|
|5 mg Methylphenidate twice daily or three times daily||18 mg every morning|
|10 mg Methylphenidate twice daily or three times daily||36 mg every morning|
|15 mg Methylphenidate twice daily or three times daily||54 mg every morning|
|20 mg Methylphenidate twice daily or three times daily||72 mg every morning|
Concerta side effects
Common Concerta side effects may include:
- excessive sweating;
- mood changes, feeling nervous or irritable, sleep problems (insomnia);
- fast heart rate, pounding heartbeats or fluttering in your chest, increased blood pressure;
- loss of appetite, weight loss;
- dry mouth, nausea, stomach pain; or
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.