What is MS Contin® (Morphine)?
MS Contin® (Morphine) is a powerful opioid pain medication that is used for the treatment of chronic or constant pain. MS Contin® is used for long-term around-the-clock treatment of pain and is considered a “long-acting” pain medication. It can be used in conjunction with other pain medications (e.g OxyContin®, Roxicodone®, Percocet®, Tramadol, etc.) used to treat acute pain.
How to Take Morphine (MS Contin® )
- The exact dosage and dosing plan will be determined by your healthcare provider.
- Never use morphine in larger amounts, or for longer than prescribed. Tell your doctor if you feel an increased urge to take more of this medicine
- Morphine in this form can be taken with or without food. The tablets should be completely swallowed.
- Breaking, chewing, or crushing the tablets may result in an overdose of the drug.
MS Contin side effects
Common MS Contin side effects may include:
- drowsiness, dizziness, tiredness;
- constipation, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting;
- sweating; or
- feelings of extreme happiness or sadness.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction to MS Contin: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
What other drugs will affect MS Contin?
Many other drugs can be dangerous when used with opioid medicine. Tell your doctor if you also use: